2014 US Code
Title 42 - The Public Health and Welfare (Sections 1 - 18445)
Chapter 93 - Emergency Energy Conservation (Sections 8501 - 8541)
Sec. 8502 - Definitions
|Publication Title||United States Code, 2012 Edition, Supplement 2, Title 42 - THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE|
|Category||Bills and Statutes|
|Collection||United States Code|
|SuDoc Class Number||Y 1.2/5:|
|Contained Within||Title 42 - THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE|
CHAPTER 93 - EMERGENCY ENERGY CONSERVATION
Sec. 8502 - Definitions
|Laws In Effect As Of Date||January 5, 2015|
|Source Credit||Pub. L. 96-102, title II, §202, Nov. 5, 1979, 93 Stat. 757.|
|Statutes at Large Reference||93 Stat. 757|
|Public and Private Law||Public Law 96-102|
For purposes of this chapter—
(1) The term "severe energy supply interruption", when used with respect to motor fuel or any other energy source, means a national energy supply shortage of such energy source which the President determines—
(A) is, or is likely to be, of significant scope and duration;
(B) may cause major adverse impact on national security or the national economy; and
(C) results, or is likely to result, from an interruption in the energy supplies of the United States, including supplies of imported petroleum products, or from sabotage or an act of God.
(2) The term "international energy program" has the meaning given that term in section 6202(7) of this title.
(3) The term "motor fuel" means gasoline and diesel fuel.
(4) The term "person" includes (A) any individual, (B) any corporation, company, association, firm, partnership, society, trust, joint venture, or joint stock company, and (C) the government or any agency of the United States or any State or political subdivision thereof.
(5) The term "vehicle" means any vehicle propelled by motor fuel and manufactured primarily for use on public streets, roads, and highways.
(6) The term "Secretary" means the Secretary of Energy.
(7) The term "Governor" means the chief executive officer of a State.
(8) The term "State" means a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any territory or possession of the United States.
(Pub. L. 96–102, title II, §202, Nov. 5, 1979, 93 Stat. 757.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. The United States Government Printing Office may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the US site. Please check official sources.