2014 US Code
Title 42 - The Public Health and Welfare (Sections 1 - 18445)
Chapter 122 - Native Hawaiian Health Care (Sections 11701 - 11714)
Sec. 11704 - Functions of Papa Ola Lokahi
|Publication Title||United States Code, 2012 Edition, Supplement 2, Title 42 - THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE|
|Category||Bills and Statutes|
|Collection||United States Code|
|SuDoc Class Number||Y 1.2/5:|
|Contained Within||Title 42 - THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE|
CHAPTER 122 - NATIVE HAWAIIAN HEALTH CARE
Sec. 11704 - Functions of Papa Ola Lokahi
|Laws In Effect As Of Date||January 5, 2015|
|Source Credit||Pub. L. 100-579, §5, Oct. 31, 1988, 102 Stat. 2919; Pub. L. 100-690, title II, §2305, Nov. 18, 1988, 102 Stat. 4225; Pub. L. 102-396, title IX, §9168, Oct. 6, 1992, 106 Stat. 1948.|
|Statutes at Large References||102 Stat. 2919, 4225|
106 Stat. 1948
|Public and Private Laws||Public Law 100-579, Public Law 100-690, Public Law 102-396|
|Congressional Bill||S.2681 102nd Congress|
§11704. Functions of Papa Ola Lokahi
Papa Ola Lokahi shall be responsible for the—
(1) coordination, implementation, and updating, as appropriate, of the comprehensive health care master plan developed pursuant to section 11703 of this title;
(2) training for the persons described in section 11705(c)(1)(B) of this title;
(3) identification of and research into the diseases that are most prevalent among Native Hawaiians, including behavioral, biomedical, epidemiological, and health services; and
(4) the development of an action plan outlining the contributions that each member organization of Papa Ola Lokahi will make in carrying out the policy of this chapter.
(b) Special project funds
Papa Ola Lokahi is authorized to receive special project funds that may be appropriated for the purpose of research on the health status of Native Hawaiians or for the purpose of addressing the health care needs of Native Hawaiians.
Papa Ola Lokahi shall serve as a clearinghouse for:
(1) the collection and maintenance of data associated with the health status of Native Hawaiians;
(2) the identification and research into diseases affecting Native Hawaiians;
(3) the availability of Native Hawaiian project funds, research projects and publications;
(4) the collaboration of research in the area of Native Hawaiian health; and
(5) the timely dissemination of information pertinent to the Native Hawaiian health care systems.
(d) Coordination of programs and services
Papa Ola Lokahi shall, to the maximum extent possible, coordinate and assist the health care programs and services provided to Native Hawaiians.
(e) Technical support
Papa Ola Lokahi shall act as a statewide infrastructure to provide technical support and coordination of training and technical assistance to the Native Hawaiian health care systems.
(f) Relationships with other agencies
Papa Ola Lokahi is authorized to enter into agreements or memoranda of understanding with relevant agencies or organizations that are capable of providing resources or services to the Native Hawaiian health care systems.
(Pub. L. 100–579, §5, Oct. 31, 1988, 102 Stat. 2919; Pub. L. 100–690, title II, §2305, Nov. 18, 1988, 102 Stat. 4225; Pub. L. 102–396, title IX, §9168, Oct. 6, 1992, 106 Stat. 1948.)
The 1992 amendment is based on section 1 of S. 2681, One Hundred Second Congress, as passed by the Senate on Aug. 7, 1992, and enacted into law by section 9168 of Pub. L. 102–396. Section 9168, which referred to S. 2681, as passed by the Senate on "September 12, 1992", has been treated as referring to S. 2681, as passed by the Senate on Aug. 7, 1992, to reflect the probable intent of Congress.
Pub. L. 100–579 and Pub. L. 100–690 enacted substantially identical sections. The text of this section is based on section 5 of Pub. L. 100–579, as subsequently amended.
1992—Pub. L. 102–396 amended section generally. Prior to amendment, section related to administrative grant for Papa Ola Lokahi.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. The United States Government Printing Office may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the US site. Please check official sources.