2014 US Code
Title 42 - The Public Health and Welfare (Sections 1 - 18445)
Chapter 117 - Encouraging Good Faith Professional Review Activities (Sections 11101 - 11152)
Sec. 11101 - Findings
|Publication Title||United States Code, 2012 Edition, Supplement 2, Title 42 - THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE|
|Category||Bills and Statutes|
|Collection||United States Code|
|SuDoc Class Number||Y 1.2/5:|
|Contained Within||Title 42 - THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE|
CHAPTER 117 - ENCOURAGING GOOD FAITH PROFESSIONAL REVIEW ACTIVITIES
Sec. 11101 - Findings
|Laws In Effect As Of Date||January 5, 2015|
|Short Titles||'Health Care Quality Improvement Act of 1986'."|
|Source Credit||Pub. L. 99-660, title IV, §402, Nov. 14, 1986, 100 Stat. 3784.|
|Statutes at Large References||100 Stat. 3784|
|Public and Private Laws||Public Law 99-660|
The Congress finds the following:
(1) The increasing occurrence of medical malpractice and the need to improve the quality of medical care have become nationwide problems that warrant greater efforts than those that can be undertaken by any individual State.
(2) There is a national need to restrict the ability of incompetent physicians to move from State to State without disclosure or discovery of the physician's previous damaging or incompetent performance.
(3) This nationwide problem can be remedied through effective professional peer review.
(4) The threat of private money damage liability under Federal laws, including treble damage liability under Federal antitrust law, unreasonably discourages physicians from participating in effective professional peer review.
(5) There is an overriding national need to provide incentive and protection for physicians engaging in effective professional peer review.
(Pub. L. 99–660, title IV, §402, Nov. 14, 1986, 100 Stat. 3784.)
Pub. L. 99–660, title IV, §401, Nov. 14, 1986, 100 Stat. 3784, provided that: "This title [enacting this chapter and provisions set out as a note under section 11111 of this title] may be cited as the 'Health Care Quality Improvement Act of 1986'."
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. The United States Government Printing Office may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the US site. Please check official sources.