2014 US Code
Title 18 - Crimes and Criminal Procedure (Sections 1 - 6005)
Part I - Crimes (Sections 1 - 2725)
Chapter 110 - Sexual Exploitation and Other Abuse of Children (Sections 2251 - 2260A)
Sec. 2258E - Definitions
|Publication Title||United States Code, 2012 Edition, Supplement 2, Title 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE|
|Category||Bills and Statutes|
|Collection||United States Code|
|SuDoc Class Number||Y 1.2/5:|
|Contained Within||Title 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE|
PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 110 - SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND OTHER ABUSE OF CHILDREN
Sec. 2258E - Definitions
|Laws In Effect As Of Date||January 5, 2015|
|Source Credit||Added Pub. L. 110-401, title V, §501(a), Oct. 13, 2008, 122 Stat. 4250.|
|Statutes at Large Reference||122 Stat. 4250|
|Public and Private Law||Public Law 105-277, Public Law 110-401|
In sections 2258A through 2258D—
(1) the terms "attorney for the government" and "State" have the meanings given those terms in rule 1 of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure;
(2) the term "electronic communication service" has the meaning given that term in section 2510;
(3) the term "electronic mail address" has the meaning given that term in section 3 of the CAN–SPAM Act of 2003 (15 U.S.C. 7702);
(4) the term "Internet" has the meaning given that term in section 1101 of the Internet Tax Freedom Act (47 U.S.C. 151 note);
(5) the term "remote computing service" has the meaning given that term in section 2711; and
(6) the term "website" means any collection of material placed in a computer server-based file archive so that it is publicly accessible, over the Internet, using hypertext transfer protocol or any successor protocol.
(Added Pub. L. 110–401, title V, §501(a), Oct. 13, 2008, 122 Stat. 4250.)
REFERENCES IN TEXT
The Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure, referred to in par. (1), are set out in the Appendix to this title.
Section 1101 of the Internet Tax Freedom Act, referred to in par. (4), is section 1101 of title XI of div. C of Pub. L. 105–277, which is set out in a note under section 151 of Title 47, Telecommunications.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. The United States Government Printing Office may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the US site. Please check official sources.