2013 US Code
Title 8 - Aliens and Nationality
Chapter 12 - IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY (§§ 1101 - 1537)
Subchapter IV - REFUGEE ASSISTANCE (§§ 1521 - 1525)
Section 1523 - Congressional reports
|Publication Title||United States Code, 2012 Edition, Supplement 1, Title 8 - ALIENS AND NATIONALITY|
|Category||Bills and Statutes|
|Collection||United States Code|
|SuDoc Class Number||Y 1.2/5:|
|Contained Within||Title 8 - ALIENS AND NATIONALITY |
CHAPTER 12 - IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY
SUBCHAPTER IV - REFUGEE ASSISTANCE
Sec. 1523 - Congressional reports
|Laws in Effect as of Date||January 16, 2014|
|Source Credit||June 27, 1952, ch. 477, title IV, ch. 2, §413, as added Pub. L. 96-212, title III, §311(a)(2), Mar. 17, 1980, 94 Stat. 115; amended Pub. L. 97-363, §§3(b), 7, Oct. 25, 1982, 96 Stat. 1734, 1737; Pub. L. 99-605, §11, Nov. 6, 1986, 100 Stat. 3455; Pub. L. 100-525, §9(jj), Oct. 24, 1988, 102 Stat. 2622; Pub. L. 103-236, title I, §162(n)(3), Apr. 30, 1994, 108 Stat. 409.|
|Statutes at Large References||94 Stat. 115 |
96 Stat. 1734
100 Stat. 3455
102 Stat. 2622
108 Stat. 409
|Public Law References||Public Law 96-212, Public Law 97-363, Public Law 99-605, Public Law 100-525, Public Law 103-236|
(a) The Secretary shall submit a report on activities under this subchapter to the Committees on the Judiciary of the House of Representatives and of the Senate not later than the January 31 following the end of each fiscal year, beginning with fiscal year 1980.
(b) Each such report shall contain—
(1) an updated profile of the employment and labor force statistics for refugees who have entered the United States within the five-fiscal-year period immediately preceding the fiscal year within which the report is to be made and for refugees who entered earlier and who have shown themselves to be significantly and disproportionately dependent on welfare, as well as a description of the extent to which refugees received the forms of assistance or services under this subchapter during that period;
(2) a description of the geographic location of refugees;
(3) a summary of the results of the monitoring and evaluation conducted under section 1522(a)(7) of this title during the period for which the report is submitted;
(4) a description of (A) the activities, expenditures, and policies of the Office under this subchapter and of the activities of States, voluntary agencies, and sponsors, and (B) the Director's plans for improvement of refugee resettlement;
(5) evaluations of the extent to which (A) the services provided under this subchapter are assisting refugees in achieving economic self-sufficiency, achieving ability in English, and achieving employment commensurate with their skills and abilities, and (B) any fraud, abuse, or mismanagement has been reported in the provisions of services or assistance;
(6) a description of any assistance provided by the Director pursuant to section 1522(e)(5) of this title;
(7) a summary of the location and status of unaccompanied refugee children admitted to the United States; and
(8) a summary of the information compiled and evaluation made under section 1522(a)(8) of this title.
(June 27, 1952, ch. 477, title IV, ch. 2, §413, as added Pub. L. 96–212, title III, §311(a)(2), Mar. 17, 1980, 94 Stat. 115; amended Pub. L. 97–363, §§3(b), 7, Oct. 25, 1982, 96 Stat. 1734, 1737; Pub. L. 99–605, §11, Nov. 6, 1986, 100 Stat. 3455; Pub. L. 100–525, §9(jj), Oct. 24, 1988, 102 Stat. 2622; Pub. L. 103–236, title I, §162(n)(3), Apr. 30, 1994, 108 Stat. 409.)AMENDMENTS
1994—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 103–236 struck out “, in consultation with the Coordinator,” after “The Secretary”.
1988—Pub. L. 100–525 redesignated former subsec. (a)(1) as (a) and former subsec. (a)(2) as (b), and within (b), further redesignated former subpars. (A) to (H) as pars. (1) to (8), respectively, and former cls. (i) and (ii) of pars. (4) and (5) as cls. (A) and (B), respectively; and struck out former subsec. (b) which provided for a report to Congress by the Secretary not later than one year after Mar. 17, 1980, and former subsecs. (c) and (d) which provided for certain reports to Congress by the Director not later than certain dates in 1983.
1986—Subsec. (a)(2)(A). Pub. L. 99–605 substituted “the United States within the five-fiscal-year period immediately preceding the fiscal year within which the report is to be made and for refugees who entered earlier and who have shown themselves to be significantly and disproportionately dependent on welfare” for “under this chapter since May 1975”.
1982—Subsec. (c). Pub. L. 97–363, §3(b), added subsec. (c).
Subsec. (d). Pub. L. 97–363, §7, added subsec. (d).EFFECTIVE DATE OF 1994 AMENDMENT
Amendment by Pub. L. 103–236 applicable with respect to officials, offices, and bureaus of Department of State when executive orders, regulations, or departmental directives implementing the amendments by sections 161 and 162 of Pub. L. 103–236 become effective, or 90 days after Apr. 30, 1994, whichever comes earlier, see section 161(b) of Pub. L. 103–236, as amended, set out as a note under section 2651a of Title 22, Foreign Relations and Intercourse.EFFECTIVE DATE OF 1982 AMENDMENT
Amendment by Pub. L. 97–363 effective Oct. 1, 1982, see section 8 of Pub. L. 97–363, set out as a note under section 1522 of this title.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. The United States Government Printing Office may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the US site. Please check official sources.