2022 Texas Statutes
Title 10 - Property and Casualty Insurance
Subtitle C - Automobile Insurance
Chapter 1954 - Insurance for Transportation Network Company Drivers
Subchapter D. Personal Automobile Insurance
Section 1954.151. Authorized Exclusions From Coverage
Sec. 1954.151. AUTHORIZED EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE. (a) An insurer may exclude from coverage under a personal automobile insurance policy issued to an owner or operator of a personal vehicle any loss or injury that occurs while a transportation network company driver using the personal vehicle:
(1) is logged on to a transportation network company's digital network; or
(2) is engaged in a prearranged ride.
(b) Subsection (a) applies to any coverage included in a personal automobile insurance policy, including:
(1) liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage;
(2) personal injury protection coverage under Subchapter D, Chapter 1952;
(3) uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage;
(4) medical payment coverage;
(5) comprehensive physical damage coverage; and
(6) collision physical damage coverage.
(c) An exclusion authorized under this section applies notwithstanding a financial responsibility requirement under Chapter 601, Transportation Code.
(d) This subchapter may not be construed to invalidate or limit an exclusion contained in a policy form, including a policy form in use or approved for use in this state before January 1, 2016, that excludes coverage for automobiles used to carry persons or property for compensation or available for hire by the public.
Added by Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 742 (H.B. 1733), Sec. 1, eff. January 1, 2016.