2021 Texas Statutes
Title 5 - Protection of Consumer Interests
Subtitle C - Deceptive, Unfair, and Prohibited Practices
Chapter 545 - HIV Testing
Subchapter A. General Provisions
Section 545.001. Definitions
Sec. 545.001. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
(1) "AIDS" has the meaning assigned by Section 81.101, Health and Safety Code.
(2) "Applicant" means an individual who applies to an issuer for coverage.
(3) "HIV" has the meaning assigned by Section 81.101, Health and Safety Code.
(4) "Issuer" means a person who delivers, issues for delivery, or renews coverage in this state, including a group policy, contract, or certificate of health insurance or evidence of coverage delivered, issued for delivery, or renewed in this state by an insurer, including a group hospital service corporation operating under Chapter 842, or by a health maintenance organization operating under Chapter 843.
(5) "Test result" means a statement:
(A) that an identifiable individual is positive, negative, at risk, or has or does not have a certain level of antigen or antibody; or
(B) that indicates that an identifiable individual has or has not been tested for AIDS or HIV infection, antibodies to HIV, or infection with any other probable causative agent of AIDS.
Added by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 1274, Sec. 2, eff. April 1, 2005.