2019 Texas Statutes
Title 7 - Vehicles and Traffic
Subtitle C - Rules of the Road
Chapter 545 - Operation and Movement of Vehicles
Subchapter B. Driving on Right Side of Roadway and Passing
Section 545.056. Driving to Left of Center of Roadway: Limitations Other Than Passing
Sec. 545.056. DRIVING TO LEFT OF CENTER OF ROADWAY: LIMITATIONS OTHER THAN PASSING. (a) An operator may not drive to the left side of the roadway if the operator is:
(1) approaching within 100 feet of an intersection or railroad grade crossing in a municipality;
(2) approaching within 100 feet of an intersection or railroad grade crossing outside a municipality and the intersection or crossing is shown by a sign or marking in accordance with Section 545.055;
(3) approaching within 100 feet of a bridge, viaduct, or tunnel; or
(4) awaiting access to a ferry operated by the Texas Transportation Commission.
(b) The limitations in Subsection (a) do not apply:
(1) on a one-way roadway; or
(2) to an operator turning left into or from an alley or private road or driveway.
(c) The Texas Transportation Commission shall post signs along the approach to a ferry operated by the commission notifying operators that passing is prohibited if there is a standing line of vehicles awaiting access to the ferry.
Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.