2019 Texas Statutes
Title 20 - Regulation of Other Occupations
Chapter 6001 - Fire Extinguisher Service and Installation
Subchapter A. General Provisions
Section 6001.002. Definitions
Sec. 6001.002. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
(1) "Firm" means an individual, partnership, corporation, or association.
(2) "Fixed fire extinguisher system" means an assembly of piping, conduits, or containers that convey liquid, powder, or gases to dispersal openings or devices protecting one or more hazards by suppressing or extinguishing fires.
(3) "Hydrostatic testing" means pressure testing by hydrostatic methods.
(4) "Insurance agent" means:
(A) an individual, firm, or corporation licensed under:
(i) Subchapter E, Chapter 981; or
(ii) Subchapter A, B, C, D, E, or G, Chapter 4051; or
(B) an individual authorized to represent an insurance fund or pool created by a municipality, county, or other political subdivision of this state under Chapter 791, Government Code.
(5) "Portable fire extinguisher" means any device that contains liquid, powder, or gases for suppressing or extinguishing fires.
(5-a) "Portable fire extinguisher inspection" means a monthly inspection to ensure that a portable fire extinguisher:
(A) is in the extinguisher's designated location;
(B) has not been actuated or subject to tampering; and
(C) does not have any obvious physical damage or another condition that may prevent proper operation of the extinguisher.
(6) "Registered firm" means a firm that holds a registration certificate.
(7) "Service" and "servicing" mean servicing a portable fire extinguisher or a fixed fire extinguisher system by charging, filling, maintaining, recharging, refilling, repairing, or testing.
Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 730 (H.B. 2636), Sec. 1J.001, eff. April 1, 2009.
Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 450 (S.B. 1598), Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2011.