2019 Texas Statutes
Title 5 - The Parent-Child Relationship and the Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship
Subtitle D - Administrative Services
Chapter 231 - Title Iv-D Services
Subchapter D. Location of Parents and Resources
Section 231.301. Title Iv-D Parent Locator Services
Sec. 231.301. TITLE IV-D PARENT LOCATOR SERVICES. (a) The parent locator service conducted by the Title IV-D agency shall be used to obtain information for:
(1) child support establishment and enforcement purposes regarding the identity, social security number, location, employer and employment benefits, income, and assets or debts of any individual under an obligation to pay child support, medical support, or dental support or to whom a support obligation is owed; or
(2) the establishment of paternity.
(b) As authorized by federal law, the following persons may receive information under this section:
(1) a person or entity that contracts with the Title IV-D agency to provide services authorized under Title IV-D or an employee of the Title IV-D agency;
(2) an attorney who has the duty or authority, by law, to enforce an order for possession of or access to a child;
(3) a court, or an agent of the court, having jurisdiction to render or enforce an order for possession of or access to a child;
(4) the resident parent, legal guardian, attorney, or agent of a child who is not receiving public assistance; and
(5) a state agency that administers a program operated under a state plan as provided by 42 U.S.C. Section 653(c).
Added by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 20, Sec. 1, eff. April 20, 1995. Amended by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 911, Sec. 76, eff. Sept. 1, 1997; Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 556, Sec. 56, eff. Sept. 1, 1999.
Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 1150 (S.B. 550), Sec. 46, eff. September 1, 2018.