2019 Texas Statutes
Title 5 - The Parent-Child Relationship and the Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship
Subtitle D - Administrative Services
Chapter 231 - Title Iv-D Services
Subchapter C. Payment of Fees and Costs
Section 231.204. Prohibited Fees in Title Iv-D Cases
Sec. 231.204. PROHIBITED FEES IN TITLE IV-D CASES. Except as provided by this subchapter, an appellate court, a clerk of an appellate court, a district or county clerk, sheriff, constable, or other government officer or employee may not charge the Title IV-D agency or a private attorney or political subdivision that has entered into a contract to provide Title IV-D services any fees or other amounts otherwise imposed by law for services rendered in, or in connection with, a Title IV-D case, including:
(1) a fee payable to a district clerk for:
(A) performing services related to the estates of deceased persons or minors;
(B) certifying copies; or
(C) comparing copies to originals;
(2) a court reporter fee, except as provided by Section 231.209;
(3) a judicial fund fee;
(4) a fee for a child support registry, enforcement office, or domestic relations office;
(5) a fee for alternative dispute resolution services;
(6) a filing fee or other costs payable to a clerk of an appellate court; and
(7) a statewide electronic filing system fund fee.
Added by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 20, Sec. 1, eff. April 20, 1995. Amended by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 556, Sec. 55, eff. Sept. 1, 1999; Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1023, Sec. 55, eff. Sept. 1, 2001.
Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 742 (S.B. 355), Sec. 10, eff. September 1, 2013.
Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1290 (H.B. 2302), Sec. 16, eff. September 1, 2013.