2019 Texas Statutes
Title 2 - Estates of Decedents; Durable Powers of Attorney
Subtitle P - Durable Powers of Attorney
Chapter 751 - General Provisions Regarding Durable Powers of Attorney
Subchapter A. General Provisions
Section 751.002. Definitions
Sec. 751.002. DEFINITIONS. In this subtitle:
(1) "Actual knowledge" means the knowledge of a person without that person making any due inquiry, and without any imputed knowledge, except as expressly set forth in Section 751.211(c).
(2) "Affiliate" means a business entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with another business entity.
(3) "Agent" includes:
(A) an attorney in fact; and
(B) a co-agent, successor agent, or successor co-agent.
(4) "Durable power of attorney" means a writing or other record that complies with the requirements of Section 751.0021(a) or is described by Section 751.0021(b).
(5) "Principal" means an adult person who signs or directs the signing of the person's name on a power of attorney that designates an agent to act on the person's behalf.
(6) "Record" means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
Added by Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 823 (H.B. 2759), Sec. 1.01, eff. January 1, 2014.
Acts 2017, 85th Leg., R.S., Ch. 834 (H.B. 1974), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2017.