2021 Tennessee Code
Title 50 - Employer and Employee
Chapter 6 - Workers' Compensation Law
Part 5 - Safe Employment Practices
§ 50-6-501. Establishment of Safety Committees — Reporting by Insurance Companies — Civil Penalty. [Applicable to Injuries Occurring Prior to July 1, 2014.]
- In order to promote health and safety in places of employment in this state, every public or private employer that is subject to this chapter, shall establish and administer a safety committee in accordance with rules adopted pursuant to § 50-6-502, if the commissioner of labor and workforce development finds that the employer has an experience modification factor or rate applied to the premium greater than or equal to one and twenty hundredths (1.20).
- In making determinations under subsection (a), the commissioner of labor and workforce development shall utilize the most recent statistics regarding experience modification rates.
- Every insurance company authorized to write workers' compensation insurance shall submit its modification factors or rates for each of its workers' compensation insureds to the commissioner of commerce and insurance, when requested by the commissioner. On request from the commissioner of labor and workforce development, the commissioner of commerce and insurance shall provide the department of labor and workforce development with the information.
- The commissioner of labor and workforce development shall establish safety committee requirements for self-insured employers pursuant to rules promulgated in accordance with the Uniform Administrative Procedures Act, compiled in title 4, chapter 5.
- The commissioner of commerce and insurance may assess a civil penalty of up to two thousand dollars ($2,000) per incident for failure to comply with subdivision (c)(1).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.