2021 Tennessee Code
Title 47 - Commercial Instruments and Transactions
Chapter 25 - Trade Practices
Part 8 - Coupon Sales Promotions
§ 47-25-804. Information Required on Coupon
- Every coupon, whether sold or distributed individually or as part of a coupon book, shall clearly and conspicuously set forth, on its face, the name and business address of the coupon sponsor and a specific description, as provided in the agreement between the promoter and the sponsor of:
- The goods, services, or discount privileges which the sponsor will provide in exchange for the coupon;
- The hours during each day and the days during each week when the coupon will be accepted for redemption by the sponsor;
- The expiration date of the coupon; and
- All purchases required of the coupon holder as a condition of redemption and any other restrictions and limitations imposed on the redemption of the coupons by the sponsor.
- Every coupon book, and every coupon sold or distributed individually, shall contain on its face:
- The name and permanent business address of the promoter; and
- The following statement in bold face or other conspicuous type or lettering:
“REDEMPTION MAY BE SUBJECT TO CERTAIN CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS WHICH MUST BE STATED ON THE COUPON. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO INSPECT EACH COUPON BEFORE PURCHASE.”
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.