2021 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 17 - Offenses Against Public Health, Safety and Welfare
Part 3 - Disorderly Conduct and Riots
§ 39-17-305. Disorderly Conduct
- A person commits an offense who, in a public place and with intent to cause public annoyance or alarm:
- Engages in fighting or in violent or threatening behavior;
- Refuses to obey an official order to disperse issued to maintain public safety in dangerous proximity to a fire, hazard or other emergency; or
- Creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act that serves no legitimate purpose.
- A person also violates this section who makes unreasonable noise that prevents others from carrying on lawful activities.
- A violation of this section is a Class C misdemeanor.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.