Go to previous versions of this Section
2021 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 14 - Offenses Against Property
Part 4 - Burglary and Related Offenses
§ 39-14-411. Critical Infrastructure Vandalism
Universal Citation: TN Code § 39-14-411 (2021)
- A person who knowingly destroys, injures, interrupts, or interferes with critical infrastructure or its operation commits the offense of critical infrastructure vandalism.
- As used in this section, “critical infrastructure” includes, but is not limited to, the infrastructure of the following services to the general public:
- Telephone, telegraph, television, internet, or other telecommunication services;
- Electric, heat, natural gas, or other power or energy services;
- The distribution of crude or refined liquid petroleum products or natural gas, and the pipelines, pumping stations, terminals, and equipment necessary for operation of the facility;
- Water, wastewater, or sewer services; and
- Railroads and other transportation services.
- The critical infrastructure of a utility or company is included in this section whether the critical infrastructure is in operation, idle, or under construction.
- A violation of this section shall be punished as theft under § 39-14-103, and graded in accordance with § 39-14-105. However, in no event shall punishment for a violation of this section be less than a Class E felony.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.