Go to previous versions of this Section
2021 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 14 - Offenses Against Property
Part 4 - Burglary and Related Offenses
§ 39-14-404. Especially Aggravated Burglary
Universal Citation: TN Code § 39-14-404 (2021)
- Especially aggravated burglary is:
- Burglary of a habitation or building other than a habitation; and
- Where the victim suffers serious bodily injury.
- For the purposes of this section, “victim” means any person lawfully on the premises.
- Especially aggravated burglary is a Class B felony.
- Acts which constitute an offense under this section may be prosecuted under this section or any other applicable section, but not both.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.