2021 Tennessee Code
Title 35 - Fiduciaries and Trust Estates
Chapter 15 - Tennessee Uniform Trust Code
Part 8 - Duties and Powers of Trustee
§ 35-15-815. General Powers of Trustee
- A trustee, without authorization by the court, may exercise:
- Powers conferred by the terms of the trust; and
- Except as limited by the terms of the trust:
- All powers over the trust property which an unmarried competent owner has over individually owned property;
- Any other powers appropriate to achieve the proper investment, management, and distribution of the trust property; and
- Any other powers conferred by this chapter.
- The exercise of a power is subject to the fiduciary duties prescribed by this part.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.