Go to previous versions of this Section
2021 Tennessee Code
Title 35 - Fiduciaries and Trust Estates
Chapter 15 - Tennessee Uniform Trust Code
Part 11 - Miscellaneous Provisions
§ 35-15-1101. No Consideration Given to Need to Promote Uniformity of Application and Construction of Law
Universal Citation: TN Code § 35-15-1101 (2021)
- Numerous provisions of each of the following have been modified extensively relative to their respective uniform acts as such uniform acts were drafted and have been amended by the Uniform Law Commission, also known as the National Conference of Commissioners of Uniform State Laws:
- Chapter 6, the Uniform Principal and Income Act;
- Chapter 14, the Tennessee Uniform Prudent Investor Act of 2002; and
- Chapter 15, the Tennessee Uniform Trust Code.
- These modifications were undertaken deliberately and after significant consideration:
- Therefore, in applying and construing title 35, no consideration shall be given to the need to promote uniformity of the law with respect to its subject matter among states, including any other state that has enacted laws covering the same general subject matter as Chapters 9 14 or 15, either by enacting such respective uniform acts as such uniform acts were originally drafted or as such were originally drafted and subsequently have been amended, or by enacting laws based on or similar to such uniform acts as originally drafted or as such have been amended; and
- Unless specifically provided otherwise in this chapter, chapter 6 or chapter 14, courts shall not consult, rely on or give any persuasive value to such uniform acts or any respective other state's acts based on or similar to such uniform acts, or any comments accompanying any such uniform acts or any respective other state's acts based on or similar to such uniform acts; none of which have any force or effect relative to trusts governed by the laws of this state.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.