Go to previous versions of this Section
2021 Tennessee Code
Title 33 - Mental Health and Substance Abuse and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Chapter 6 - Mental Health Service
Part 6 - Mandatory Outpatient Treatment
§ 33-6-620. Termination of Legally Mandated Outpatient Care — Notice to Court
Universal Citation: TN Code § 33-6-620 (2021)
- at any time the qualified mental health professional determines that:
- the person with mental illness or serious emotional disturbance is likely to participate in outpatient treatment without being legally obligated to do so, or
- the person no longer needs treatment for the mental illness or serious emotional disturbance,
- the qualified mental health professional shall terminate the treatment obligation, AND
- the qualified mental health professional shall notify the committing court and the hospital that discharged the person.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.