Go to previous versions of this Section
2021 Tennessee Code
Title 33 - Mental Health and Substance Abuse and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Chapter 6 - Mental Health Service
Part 6 - Mandatory Outpatient Treatment
§ 33-6-615. Findings by Qualified Mental Health Professional — Recommitment — Notice to Representative, Next of Kin and Court
Universal Citation: TN Code § 33-6-615 (2021)
- the qualified mental health professional determines that:
- the person with mental illness or serious emotional disturbance is out of compliance with the treatment plan without good cause, and
- the person cannot be put immediately in compliance with the treatment plan, or
- the person cannot be expected to stay in compliance without further hospitalization, or
- the person does not comply immediately with the treatment plan,
- the qualified mental health professional shall contact the sheriff, AND
- the sheriff shall immediately transport the person to the hospital from which the person was discharged, AND
- the hospital shall admit the person and give notice of the temporary recommitment and that a hearing under § 33-6-610 will be held to the person, the person's attorney, legal guardian, legal custodian, conservator, and spouse or nearest adult relative, to the qualified mental health professional, to the court that ordered the temporary recommitment of the person, and to the court where the hospital is located that has the same jurisdiction as the recommitting court.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.