2021 Tennessee Code
Title 32 - Wills
Chapter 3 - Construction, Operation and Effect
§ 32-3-107. Contracts to Make or Revoke Wills
- A contract to make a will or devise, or not to revoke a will or devise, or to die intestate can be established only by:
- Provisions of a will stating material provisions of the contract;
- An express reference in a will to a contract and extrinsic evidence proving the terms of the contract; or
- A writing signed by the decedent evidencing the contract.
- The execution of a joint will or mutual wills does not create a presumption of a contract to make a will, or to refrain from revoking a will.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.