2020 Tennessee Code
Title 69 - Waters, Waterways, Drains and Levees
Chapter 11 - Dams
§ 69-11-106. Information Required for Certificates — Plans and Specifications
- In order to obtain a certificate of approval and safety, the owner of each dam shall file with the commissioner, on a form to be made available by the commissioner, the following information:
- The name under which the person is doing business in Tennessee;
- The legal address of the person;
- The location of the proposed or existing dam and reservoir;
- The type, size and height of the proposed or existing dam and reservoir and appurtenant works;
- The storage capacity and reservoir surface areas for normal and maximum water surface elevation;
- The purpose, or purposes, for which the dam or reservoir is to be used;
- In the case of an application by an owner or lessee of a dam, the names and addresses of all persons having a real property interest in such dams; and
- Such other plans and detailed information as the commissioner may deem reasonable and necessary to fulfill the commissioner's responsibilities under this chapter.
- Plans and specifications submitted to the commissioner for construction, enlargement, alteration, repair or removal of dams and reservoirs shall be in the charge of and signed by an engineer, licensed by this state and experienced in the design and construction of dams, as determined by the commissioner.
- The commissioner, however, shall not require detailed plans to accompany applications for the certificate of approval for any dams, the plans for which have been approved by any agency of the United States and fifty percent (50%) or more of the cost of which is being borne by an agency of the United States, nor shall the commissioner impose any conditions in the certificate of approval relating to modification of the design of such dams.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.