There is a newer version of this Section
2020 Tennessee Code
Title 55 - Motor and Other Vehicles
Chapter 8 - Operation of Vehicles — Rules of the Road
Part 1 - Operation of Vehicles — Rules of the Road
§ 55-8-128. Vehicle Approaching or Entering Intersection
Universal Citation: TN Code § 55-8-128 (2020)
- The driver of a vehicle approaching an intersection shall yield the right-of-way to a vehicle which has entered the intersection from a different highway or drive.
- When two (2) vehicles enter an intersection from different highways or drives at approximately the same time, the driver of the vehicle on the left shall yield the right-of-way to the vehicle on the right.
- The right-of-way rules declared in subsections (a) and (b) are modified at through highways and otherwise as hereinafter stated in this chapter and chapter 10, parts 1-5 of this title.
- As used in this section:
- “Drive” means any way that is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel and that leads into or from premises that are generally frequented by the public at large; and
- “Intersection” includes the area within which vehicles traveling upon a highway and a drive that join one another at any angle may come in conflict.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.