2020 Tennessee Code
Title 55 - Motor and Other Vehicles
Chapter 50 - Uniform Classified and Commercial Driver License Act
Part 7 - Reciprocity Agreements
§ 55-50-704. Noncompliance — Powers and Duties of Commissioner
- Upon receipt of a report of noncompliance, the department shall transmit a certified copy of the report to the official in charge of the issuance of licenses in the reciprocating state in which the nonresident is licensed.
- When the licensing authority of a reciprocating state reports that a person holding a Tennessee license has failed to comply with a citation issued in that state, the commissioner shall forthwith suspend the person's license. The order of suspension shall indicate the reason for the order and shall notify the person that the license shall remain suspended until the person has furnished evidence satisfactory to the commissioner that the person has complied with the terms of the citation that was the basis for the suspension order by appearing before the court to which the person was cited and complying with any order entered by the court.
- A copy of any suspension order issued under this section shall be furnished to the licensing authority of the reciprocating state.
- The commissioner shall maintain a current listing of reciprocating states under this part. The lists shall from time to time be disseminated among the appropriate departments, divisions, bureaus, and agencies of this state; the principal law enforcement officers of the several counties, cities, and towns of this state; and the licensing authorities in reciprocating states.
- The commissioner has the authority to execute or make agreements, arrangements, or declarations to carry out this part.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.