There is a newer version of this Section
2020 Tennessee Code
Title 50 - Employer and Employee
Chapter 6 - Workers' Compensation Law
Part 4 - Insurance
§ 50-6-420. Legislative Intent
Universal Citation: TN Code § 50-6-420 (2020)
It is the intent of the general assembly that upon the filing of a claim pursuant to this chapter, the insurer is encouraged to provide semi-annual reports to the employer, at no cost to the employer, regarding the status of the claim.
- The general assembly recognizes that significant cost savings will result from the implementation of this bill. It is in the best interest of the citizens of Tennessee that the cost savings be passed to the entities that have paid faithfully workers' compensation premiums in order to ensure the economic well-being of their employees. It is the intent and purpose of the general assembly that workers' compensation premiums be adjusted downward within fifteen (15) months of July 1, 2004, to reflect the cost savings resulting from the provisions of the act. If a workers' compensation policy is subject to renewal during such fifteen (15) month period, adjustments to the policy may be made at that time.
- It is the intent of the general assembly that the savings of the act shall routinely be reflected in future filings through the advisory prospective loss cost filing system, pursuant to §§ 56-5-106(b) and 50-6-402. Nothing in this section shall be construed as amending or affecting the procedures for filing and approval of rates set forth in title 56, chapter 5.
- Employer name and business address;
- Workers’ compensation insurance carrier name and business address; and
- Workers' compensation insurance policy number, policy effective date, policy expiration date, policy cancellation date, and policy reinstatement date.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.