2020 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 13 - Offenses Against Person
Part 5 - Sexual Offenses
§ 39-13-504. Aggravated Sexual Battery
- Aggravated sexual battery is unlawful sexual contact with a victim by the defendant or the defendant by a victim accompanied by any of the following circumstances:
- Force or coercion is used to accomplish the act and the defendant is armed with a weapon or any article used or fashioned in a manner to lead the victim reasonably to believe it to be a weapon;
- The defendant causes bodily injury to the victim;
- The defendant is aided or abetted by one (1) or more other persons; and
- Force or coercion is used to accomplish the act; or
- The defendant knows or has reason to know that the victim is mentally defective, mentally incapacitated or physically helpless; or
- The victim is less than thirteen (13) years of age.
- Aggravated sexual battery is a Class B felony.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.