2019 Tennessee Code
Title 68 - Health, Safety and Environmental Protection
Chapter 34 - Family Planning Act of 1971
§ 68-34-102. Chapter definitions.
- As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Commissioner” means the commissioner of health;
(2) “Contraceptive procedures” means any medically accepted procedure designed to prevent conception;
(3) “Contraceptive supplies” means those medically approved items designed to prevent conception through chemical, mechanical or other means;
(4) “Department” means the department of health; and
(5) “Physician” means any doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy duly licensed to practice such physician's profession in Tennessee or the state in which such physician resides and lawfully practices such physician's profession.