2019 Tennessee Code
Title 66 - Property
Chapter 28 - Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant Act
Part 5 - Enforcement and Remedies
§ 66-28-519. Towing of vehicles.
(a) A landlord may have the following vehicles towed or otherwise removed from real property leased or rented by such landlord for residential purposes, upon giving a ten-day written notice by posting the same upon the subject vehicle:
(1) A vehicle with one (1) or more flat or missing tires;
(2) A vehicle unable to operate under its own power;
(3) A vehicle with a missing or broken windshield or more than one (1) broken or missing window;
(4) A vehicle with one (1) or more missing fenders or bumpers; or
(5) A motor vehicle that has not been in compliance with all applicable local or state laws relative to titling, licensing, operation, and registration for more than thirty (30) days.
(b) If the owner of the vehicle is not present, then prior to removing the vehicle pursuant to this section, the person, firm or entity that actually tows the vehicle shall notify local law enforcement of the vehicle identification number (VIN), registration information, license plate number and description of the vehicle. Local law enforcement shall keep a record of all such information which shall be available for public inspection.