2019 Tennessee Code
Title 66 - Property
Chapter 24 - Registration of Instruments
Part 2 - Uniform Real Property Electronic Recording Act
§ 66-24-205. Administration and standards.
(a) The information systems council shall adopt standards to implement this part.
(b) To keep the standards and practices of county registers in this state in harmony with the standards and practices of recording offices in other jurisdictions that enact substantially this part and to keep the technology used by county registers in this state compatible with technology used by recording offices in other jurisdictions that enact substantially this part, the information systems council so far as is consistent with the purposes, policies, and provisions of this part, in adopting, amending, and repealing standards shall consider:
(1) Standards and practices of other jurisdictions;
(2) The most recent standards promulgated by national standard-setting bodies, such as the Property Records Industry Association;
(3) The views of interested persons and governmental officials and entities;
(4) The needs of counties of varying size, population, and resources; and
(5) Standards requiring adequate information security protection to ensure that electronic documents are accurate, authentic, adequately preserved, and resistant to tampering.