2019 Tennessee Code
Title 63 - Professions of the Healing Arts
Chapter 25 - Dietetics/nutrition Practice Act
§ 63-25-103. Chapter definitions.
- As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Board” means the board of dietitian/nutritionist examiners;
(2) “Department” means the department of health;
(3) “Dietetics/nutrition practice” means the integration and application of scientific principles of food, nutrition, biochemistry, physiology, management and behavioral and social sciences in achieving and maintaining health through the life cycle and in the treatment of disease. Methods of practice include, but are not limited to, nutritional assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of nutrition care plans, nutritional counseling and education, and the development and administration of nutrition care standards and systems;
(4) “Dietitian” and “nutritionist” may be used interchangeably;
(5) “Dietitian/nutritionist” means a health care professional practicing dietetics/nutrition and licensed under this chapter; and
(6) “Division” means the division of health related boards within the department.