There is a newer version of this Section
2019 Tennessee Code
Title 50 - Employer and Employee
Chapter 7 - Tennessee Employment Security Law
Part 6 - Administration
§ 50-7-607. Employment stabilization.
Universal Citation: TN Code § 50-7-607 (2019)
- The commissioner, with the advice and aid of the advisory council, and through the appropriate divisions, shall take all appropriate steps to:
(1) Reduce and prevent unemployment;
(2) Encourage and assist in the adoption of practical methods of vocational training, retraining and vocational guidance;
(3) Investigate, recommend, advise and assist in the establishment and operation, by municipalities, counties, school districts and the state, of reserves for public work to be used in times of business depression and unemployment;
(4) Promote the reemployment of unemployed workers throughout the state in every other way that may be feasible; and
(5) To these ends, carry on and publish the results of investigations and research studies.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.