2019 Tennessee Code
Title 48 - Corporations and Associations
Chapter 64 - Dissolution
Part 2 - Administrative Dissolution
§ 48-64-203. Reinstatement following administrative dissolution.
(a) A corporation administratively dissolved under § 48-64-202 may apply to the secretary of state for reinstatement. The application must:
(1) Contain a confirmation of good standing relative to such foreign corporation;
(2) Recite the name of the corporation at its date of dissolution;
(3) State that the ground or grounds for dissolution either did not exist or have been eliminated; and
(4) State a corporate name that satisfies the requirements of § 48-54-101.
(1) If the secretary of state determines that the application contains the confirmation of good standing and information required by subsection (a), and that such information is correct, then the secretary of state shall cancel the certificate of dissolution and prepare a certificate of reinstatement that recites the secretary of state's determination and the effective date of reinstatement, file the original of the certificate, and serve a copy on the corporation under §§ 48-55-104 and 48-55-105.
(2) If the corporate name in subdivision (a)(4) is different than the corporate name in subdivision (a)(2), the application for reinstatement shall constitute an amendment to the charter insofar as it pertains to the corporate name.
(c) When the reinstatement hereunder or under § 48-64-204 is effective, it relates back to and takes effect as of the effective date of the administrative dissolution, and the corporation resumes carrying on its activities as if the administrative dissolution had never occurred.