2019 Tennessee Code
Title 44 - Animals and Animal Husbandry
Chapter 6 - Commercial Feed Law
§ 44-6-104. License requirement -- Application -- Fees -- Refusal of license -- Hearing.

Universal Citation: TN Code § 44-6-104 (2019)
  • (a) Any person who manufactures a commercial feed within the state, who distributes a commercial feed in or into the state, or whose name appears on the label of a commercial feed as guarantor shall obtain a license for each facility from which commercial feed is distributed in or into the state, authorizing the person to manufacture or distribute commercial feed before engaging in the activity. Any person who makes only retail sales of commercial feed that bears labeling or other approved indication that the commercial feed is from a licensed manufacturer, guarantor, or distributor is not required to obtain a license.

  • (b) Any person who is required to obtain a license shall submit an application on a form provided by or approved by the commissioner, accompanied by payment in the amount set by rule pursuant to § 43-1-703 for each facility. Each license shall expire on July 1 of the year for which it is issued.

  • (c) The form and content of the commercial feed license application shall be established by rules promulgated by the commissioner.

  • (d) The commissioner is empowered to refuse to issue a license to any person not in compliance with this chapter and to cancel the license of any licensee subsequently found not to be in compliance with any provision of this chapter; provided, that no license shall be refused or canceled unless the applicant or licensee has been given an opportunity to be heard before the commissioner and to amend the applicant's or licensee's application in order to comply with the requirements of this chapter.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.