There is a newer version of this Section
2019 Tennessee Code
Title 40 - Criminal Procedure
Chapter 11 - Bail
Part 3 - Professional Bondsmen
§ 40-11-306. Prohibition of execution of bonds.
Universal Citation: TN Code § 40-11-306 (2019)
- If, after its investigation, the court finds that the bondsman:
(1) Is insolvent;
(2) Is not financially able to discharge the obligations of the bondsman's liabilities as surety;
(3) Has failed, refused or neglected to make the semiannual reports of assets and liabilities as required in § 40-11-303;
(4) Has made and filed false semiannual reports; or
(5) Has failed to furnish the court with information touching upon solvency, when called for;then the court may order that the bondsman be prohibited from executing bonds, bail or other undertakings as surety in the court until the court becomes satisfied that the bondsman has complied with this part or the orders of the court, or that the bondsman is again financially solvent, and the court shall impose any other reasonable limitation on the total liability of the bondsman's undertakings in the court.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.