2019 Tennessee Code
Title 40 - Criminal Procedure
Chapter 11 - Bail
Part 3 - Professional Bondsmen
§ 40-11-303. Semiannual report of bondsmen.
(a) Every professional bondsman licensed to do business in this state shall, not later than January 31 and July 31 of each year, file with the clerk of the circuit or criminal court of each county in which the bondsman is furnishing bail or bonds securing costs and fines, etc., a report of the bondsman's assets and liabilities as of the preceding December 31 and June 30, respectively. This report shall show in detail:
(1) The separate parcels of real estate owned, the value thereof, and the amount of mortgages, liens, taxes and all other encumbrances and by whom held;
(2) All personal property of every character owned, including chattels, cash, accounts, notes and bills receivable; contracts; stocks, bonds and other securities; and other security or collateral, and the character and value thereof, held to secure payment of any debt owing to the bondsman;
(3) The full amount of the bondsman's liability as surety on bonds, bail, secured costs and fines, and the names and addresses of the bondsman's principals, and the case or suit in which filed, in all incompleted transactions or undertakings;
(4) The full amount of the bondsman's liabilities on forfeitures of bonds or bail, in which either conditional or final judgments have been entered against the bondsman in any court and which remain unsatisfied;
(5) All bills, notes and accounts payable; endorsements and other debts, obligations and liabilities;
(6) The name and address of each agent, representative or employee of the bondsman authorized to bind the bondsman on bonds, bail and other contracts or undertakings of suretyship; and
(7) The name and address of each person having an interest in the bondsman's business, either as an individual or partner; or, in case the bondsman is a corporation, the name and address of each officer and the office held, director and stockholder thereof and the capital paid in and the capital stock issued and outstanding.
(b) Any professional bondsman who willfully refuses to file such report or withholds any of the information called for thereby shall be dealt with as provided in §§ 40-11-305 and 40-11-306.