2019 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 11 - General Provisions
Part 7 - Disposition of Forfeited Property
§ 39-11-706. Evidence.
- In a forfeiture action under this part, pertaining to the issue of whether the property or proceeds were known to be from some form of criminal offense, either party may introduce evidence that:
(1) The property was involved in a financial transaction that was conducted or structured to evade the reporting requirements of any state or federal law;
(2) Money or any negotiable instrument was found in proximity to contraband or instrumentalities of an offense;
(3) The property was involved in a financial transaction that was conducted with the use of a false or fictitious name; and
(4) A financial transaction involving the property was structured so as to falsely report the actual consideration or value of the transaction.