2019 Tennessee Code
Title 34 - Guardianship
Chapter 6 - Power of Attorney
Part 2 - Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care
§ 34-6-201. Part definitions.
- As used in this part, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Durable power of attorney for health care” means a durable power of attorney to the extent that it authorizes an attorney in fact to make health care decisions for the principal;
(2) “Health care” means any care, treatment, service or procedure to maintain, diagnose or treat an individual's physical or mental condition, and includes medical care as defined in § 32-11-103;
(3) “Health care decision” means consent, refusal of consent or withdrawal of consent to health care;
(4) “Health care institution” means a health care institution as defined in § 68-11-1602;
(5) “Health care provider” means a person who is licensed, certified or otherwise authorized or permitted by the laws of this state to administer health care in the ordinary course of business or practice of a profession; and
(6) “Person” includes an individual, corporation, partnership, association, the state, a city, county, city and county, or other public entity or governmental subdivision or agency, or any other legal entity.