2019 Tennessee Code
Title 34 - Guardianship
Chapter 2 - Guardianship Generally
§ 34-2-103. Priority of persons to be considered.
- Subject to the court's determination of what is in the best interests of the minor, the court shall consider the following persons in the order listed for appointment of the guardian:
(1) The parent or parents of the minor;
(2) The person or persons designated by the parent or parents in a will or other written document;
(3) Adult siblings of the minor;
(4) Closest relative or relatives of the minor; and
(5) Other person or persons.