2019 Tennessee Code
Title 33 - Mental Health and Substance Abuse and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Chapter 6 - Mental Health Service
Part 7 - Discharge From Inpatient Treatment
§ 33-6-707. Persons eligible for discharge subject to mandatory outpatient treatment.
(1) a person was committed involuntarily under chapter 6, part 5 of this title, AND
(2) the person has a mental illness or serious emotional disturbance or has a mental illness or serious emotional disturbance in remission, AND
(3) the person would pose a likelihood of serious harm under § 33-6-501 unless treatment continues, AND
(4) voluntary outpatient treatment is not a suitable less drastic alternative to commitment because the person is not likely to participate in outpatient treatment without being legally obligated to do so,
(5) the person is eligible for discharge only under § 33-6-602.