2019 Tennessee Code
Title 13 - Public Planning and Housing
Chapter 16 - Industrial Development
§ 13-16-102. Part definitions.
- As used in this part, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Governing body” means the board or body in which the general legislative powers of a municipality are vested;
(2) “Industrial park” means land and rights, easements and franchises relating thereto, and may include adequate roads and streets, water and sewer facilities, utilities, and docks and terminals, as required for the use of industry, and such appurtenant land for necessary incidental use. “Industrial park” may also include a site for the establishment or location of a single industry;
(3) “Industrial park agency” means the governing body, or the commission, board, or other agency to which powers under this part have been delegated by the governing body; and
(4) “Municipality” means any county or incorporated city or town in this state.