2018 Tennessee Code
Title 68 - Health, Safety and Environmental Protection
Chapter 34 - Family Planning Act of 1971
§ 68-34-103. Declaration of policy.
- It is the legislative declaration of the general assembly that:
(1) Continuing population growth either causes or aggravates many social, economic and environmental problems, both in this state and in the nation;
(2) Contraceptive procedures, supplies, and information, and information as to and procedures for voluntary sterilization, are not sufficiently available as a practical matter to many persons in this state;
(3) It is desirable that inhibitions and restrictions be eliminated so that all persons desiring and needing contraceptive procedures, supplies, and information shall have ready and practicable access thereto; and
(4) Section 68-34-104 sets forth the policy and authority of this state, its political subdivisions, and all agencies and institutions thereof, including prohibitions against restrictions, with respect to contraceptive procedures, supplies and information.