2018 Tennessee Code
Title 62 - Professions, Businesses and Trades
Chapter 6 - Contractors and Contracting
Part 3 - Tennessee Home Inspector License Act of 2005
§ 62-6-305. Application for licensure -- Prerequisites and qualifications.
- Any person who applies for licensure as a home inspector must submit an application on a form prescribed by the commissioner. The application shall be accompanied by the fee specified in § 62-6-303. Applicants for licensure shall furnish evidence satisfactory to the commissioner that the applicant:
(1) Is at least eighteen (18) years of age;
(2) Has graduated from high school or earned a general education development (GED(R)) certificate;
(3) Has not been convicted of a crime that has a direct bearing on the applicant's ability to perform competently and fully as a licensee;
(4) Is not the subject of a disciplinary or enforcement action by another state or a local jurisdiction in connection with the performance of home inspections or the licensing or certification of home inspectors;
(5) Has successfully completed ninety (90) hours of a commissioner-approved training program or course of study involving the performance of home inspections and the preparation of home inspection reports;
(6) Has passed a commissioner-approved competency examination administered by the state or an entity selected by the state; and
(7) Has obtained a certificate of insurance in an amount required by the commissioner for general liability as well as errors and omissions to cover all activities contemplated under this part.