2018 Tennessee Code
Title 50 - Employer and Employee
Chapter 5 - Child Labor
Part 2 - Tennessee Protection of Minor Performers Act
§ 50-5-220. Options of the court.
(a) The court at the hearing or on an adjournment of the hearing, may by its order do any of the following:
(1) Approve or disapprove the contract or proposed contract;
(2) Approve the contract upon such conditions, with respect to modification of the terms of the contract or otherwise, as it shall determine;
(3) Appoint a guardian ad litem as provided by § 50-5-215;
(4) Appoint a trustee to administer the trust for earnings as provided by § 50-5-222; or
(5) Award reasonable attorney's fees and other expenses paid or to be paid by or on behalf of the minor in connection with the proceeding, approval of the contract, and its performance.
(b) The court shall consider the following factors in making its final determination:
(1) The best interest of the minor;
(2) Whether the minor is represented by a lawyer;
(3) The length of the contract;
(4) The age of the minor; and
(5) Any other matter that the court deems appropriate.