2018 Tennessee Code
Title 50 - Employer and Employee
Chapter 5 - Child Labor
Part 1 - Child Labor Act of 1976
§ 50-5-111. Duties of employers of minors.
- Employers of minors subject to regulation under this part shall:
(1) Make, keep and preserve a separate and independent file record for each minor employed, which shall be kept at the location of the minor's employment and shall include:
(A) An employment application;
(B) A copy of the minor's birth certificate or other evidence of the minor's age as provided in § 50-5-109;
(C) An accurate time record showing the hours of the minor's beginning and ending of work each day if the minor is one subject to § 50-5-104 or § 50-5-105; and
(D) Any records required under § 50-5-107(8)-(14);
(2) Allow the department to inspect, during regular working hours, any and all premises where minors are or could be employed and the contents of the individual file records specified in subdivision (1);
(3) Post and maintain in a conspicuous place on the business premises a printed notice, furnished by the department, stating the regulations governing the employment and hours of work of minors and employment prohibited to minors under this part; and
(4) Furnish to the department records relative to the employment of minors.