2018 Tennessee Code
Title 48 - Corporations and Associations
Chapter 64 - Dissolution
Part 2 - Administrative Dissolution
§ 48-64-201. Grounds for administrative dissolution.
- The secretary of state may commence a proceeding under § 48-64-202 to administratively dissolve a corporation if the:
(1) Corporation does not deliver its properly completed annual report to the secretary of state within two (2) months after it is due;
(2) Corporation is without a registered agent or registered office in this state for two (2) months or more;
(3) Name of a corporation contained in a document filed after the enactment of chapters 51-68 of this title fails to comply with § 48-54-101;
(4) Corporation does not notify the secretary of state within two (2) months that its registered agent or registered office has been changed, that its registered agent has resigned, or that its registered office has been discontinued;
(5) Corporation's period of duration, if any, stated in its charter expires; or
(6) Corporation submits to the secretary of state's office a check, bank draft, money order or other such instrument, for payment of any fee and it is dishonored upon presentation for payment.