2018 Tennessee Code
Title 40 - Criminal Procedure
Chapter 35 - Tennessee Criminal Sentencing Reform Act of 1989
Part 2 - Procedure for Imposing Sentence
- § 40-35-201. Issue of guilt and sentence to be tried separately -- Instructing jury on possible sentences.
- § 40-35-202. Notice of intent to seek enhanced punishment -- Statement of enhancement and mitigating factors.
- § 40-35-203. Court to impose sentence -- Exceptions.
- § 40-35-204. Presentence service officers.
- § 40-35-205. Presentence investigation -- Physical or mental examination of defendant.
- § 40-35-206. [Reserved.]
- § 40-35-207. Presentence report -- Contents -- Validated risk and needs assessment defined.
- § 40-35-208. Filing of report -- Availability to parties.
- § 40-35-209. Sentencing hearing -- Transfer of report to department of correction or local jail or workhouse -- Form of judgment of conviction.
- § 40-35-210. Imposition of sentence -- Evidence to be considered -- Presumptive sentence -- Sentence explanation.
- § 40-35-211. Court to impose determinate sentences only.
- § 40-35-212. Court to determine location and conditions of sentence -- Probation -- Retention of jurisdiction during sentence.
- § 40-35-213. Eligibility for work release program.
- § 40-35-214. Transfer from county for plea and sentence.
- § 40-35-215. Sentence calculation.
- § 40-35-216. First hours served hour for hour.
- § 40-35-217. Sentence conditioned or based upon defendant submitting to birth control, sterilization, or family planning services prohibited.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.