2018 Tennessee Code
Title 40 - Criminal Procedure
Chapter 23 - Execution of Judgment
- § 40-23-101. Commencement of sentence -- Credit for pretrial detention and jail time pending appeal.
- § 40-23-102. Defendant in custody at time of judgment.
- § 40-23-103. Sheriff to commit defendant.
- § 40-23-104. Sentence to workhouse for felony term -- Removal by trial judge.
- § 40-23-105. Felons sentenced to jail compelled to hard labor.
- § 40-23-106. Notice to commissioner of convicts for penitentiary.
- § 40-23-107. Safekeeping of inmates -- Transfers to penitentiary.
- § 40-23-108. Order specifying number of guards for removal of prisoners.
- § 40-23-109. Warrant to summon aid in removal of prisoners.
- § 40-23-110. Summons of additional guards.
- § 40-23-111. Qualifications of guard.
- § 40-23-112. Juror disqualified to act as guard.
- § 40-23-113. Report by sheriff to department of correction.
- § 40-23-114. Death by lethal injection -- Election of electrocution -- Electrocution as alternative method.
- § 40-23-115. Maintenance of death chamber.
- § 40-23-116. Manner of executing sentence of death -- Witnesses.
- § 40-23-117. Death sentence stands if not carried out at scheduled time.
- § 40-23-118. Warrant for apprehension of condemned inmate.
- § 40-23-119. Order of execution after arrest of condemned prisoner.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.