2018 Tennessee Code
Title 4 - State Government
Chapter 3 - Creation, Organization and Powers of Administrative Departments and Divisions
Part 17 - Department of Human Resources
§ 4-3-1703. Powers and duties.
(a) The department of human resources has the power and is required to:
(1) Transfer, temporarily, employees from one (1) department to another when necessary to expedite the work of any department;
(2) Exercise the duties vested by title 8, chapter 30;
(3) Establish and maintain a program of training for administrative judges and hearing officers, as defined by § 4-5-102; and
(4) Assist each department and entity of state government in the planning and conduct of training workshops to prevent sexual harassment from occurring. The department is also directed to design an orientation session with appropriate materials, which shall be made available to the departments for distribution to each new employee.
(b) In addition to duties expressly imposed by law upon the department, the department shall:
(1) Foster the interest of institutions of learning and of industrial, civic, professional and employee organizations in the improvement of personnel standards in state service;
(2) Make a study of the state service system in those departments of the state government covered by such system and make periodic reports to the governor on recommendations for improvement of the system; and
(3) Make annual reports, and such special reports as it may deem necessary, to the governor and commissioner regarding personnel administration.