2018 Tennessee Code
Title 34 - Guardianship
Chapter 8 - Uniform Adult Guardianship and Protective Proceedings Jurisdiction Act
Part 3 - Transfer of Guardianship or Conservatorship
§ 34-8-301. Transfer of guardianship or conservatorship to another state.
(a) A guardian or conservator appointed in this state may petition the court to transfer the guardianship or conservatorship to another state.
(b) Notice of a petition under subsection (a) must be given to the persons that would be entitled to notice of a petition in this state for the appointment of a guardian or conservator.
(c) On the court's own motion or on request of the guardian or conservator, the disabled person, or other person required to be notified of the petition, the court shall hold a hearing on a petition filed pursuant to subsection (a).
(d) The court shall issue an order provisionally granting a petition to transfer a conservatorship or guardianship and shall direct the conservator or guardian to petition for conservatorship or guardianship in the other state if the court is satisfied that the conservatorship or guardianship will be accepted by the court in the other state and the court finds that:
(1) The disabled person or minor is physically present in or is reasonably expected to move permanently to the other state;
(2) An objection to the transfer has not been made or, if an objection has been made, the objector has not established that the transfer would be contrary to the interests of the disabled person or minor; and
(3) Plans for care and services for the disabled person or minor in the other state are reasonable and sufficient.
(e) The court shall issue a final order confirming the transfer and terminating the guardianship or conservatorship upon its receipt of:
(1) A provisional order accepting the proceeding from the court to which the proceeding is to be transferred which is issued under provisions similar to § 34-8-302; and
(2) The documents required to terminate a guardianship or conservatorship in this state.